- Login to your Linux machine as yourself, a regular user (not root)
- Extract the tar ball gvmirror.tar.gz in your home directory
cd ~ && tar xvzf gvmirror.tar.gz
\rm -f gvmirror.tar.gz
- If you do not already have .gvoice file in your home directory, create one as follows:
[ -f ~/.gvoice ] || cp dot.gvoice ~/.gvoice
- Edit ~/.gvoice by typing: vi ~/.gvoice
NOTE: In this file, please put your correct google account name, password and corresponding google voice phone number for fields email, password and forwardingNumber respectively
- Just run the script as follows:
- Feel free to browse the downloaded files in the directory: ~/gvoice/
- You may run the script again or nightly through cron if you want!
- Each time you run the script, it will only download the new messages, not all your messages.